Role: Special Events Coordinator
The special events associate will support the implementation and production of the Christmas in the Cathedral Event alongside Cathedral District – Jax staff which includes, but is not limited to, the coordination of people and processes to produce the event on time while staying in budget and meeting desired outcomes aligned to the organizational objectives.
Support the Christmas in the Cathedral District Event by:
- Help craft the overall vision for activities, and manage attendee experience, logistics, and execution of the event with other staff and board members, including but not limited to, run of show timeline, collateral for participants and volunteers, on site signage and promotional materials.
- Engage with and provide customer support to event registrants and participants including engaging key partners, supporters, and stakeholders including tracking attendance and feedback of attendees.
- Provide excellent customer service to attendees, donors, and board members to steward existing and future relationships.
- Recruit and train volunteers for the event with the support of the Communications and Fundraising Consultant.
- Coordinate Media and Press before and after the event with the support of the Communications and Fundraising Consultant.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of data related to the event to ensure information can be fully captured in CDJ CRM and used for following years.
- Additional logistical, organizational, communications, and marketing support for the event.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to be available for the event including all day Friday, December 2, and Saturday, December 3.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail, proactive problem solver, ability to scope out errors and willing to fix mistakes;
- Time management, you have the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once;
- Flexible, patient, and ability to stay gracious under pressure;
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information;
- Innovative thinking, willingness to voice your opinions, and a strong work ethic are essential;
- Teamwork, you are able to build positive relationships with your colleagues and are willing to help others;
- Inclusive, you’re excited to work with people who have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives from your own.
- Ability to work in a 100% remote environment and highly reliable
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and capacity to manage multiple tasks at one time;
- Relevant experience in planning and executing events and desire to learn and grow in event planning and execution;
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Pay and Benefits:
This is a temporary position for 20 – 30 hours per week (and will be paid as a 1099). Applicant must be able to make a commitment through the end of December 2022 and reside in Jacksonville, FL. Starting dates available early September 2022. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
This position is hourly at a pay rate of $13 per hour.