Guided by the Torti-Gallas Master Development Plan, and with the support of a strong board and numerous partners, CDJ has embarked on the first phase of redevelopment in the Cathedral District.
In March of 2018, after 18 months of highly complex negotiations, we closed on the 1.52-acre parcel known as the YWCA buildings, also familiar to many as the former home of Community Connections.
The site, located at 325 East Duval Street and bounded by Shields, Church, and Liberty streets, is currently being developed into 120 apartments for mixed-income residents with a selected developer partner.
The district already has a supermarket, a book store, and a doctor’s office within walking distance. Additional businesses such as salons, dry cleaners, restaurants, a bike shop and a pharmacy will be needed to support a residential neighborhood.
- CDJ Newsletter
- Friends of the Cathedral membership organization
- 60 trees planted by the City of Jacksonville in public right-of-way
- Banners on antique light poles throughout the district
- Stakeholder conversation sessions
- K-8 School planning
- Public art planning & funding
- Historic Tours of the five churches in the District
- Residential development planning
- Retail development planning